Every year The Drupal Association conducts a community survey to help gauge success, mood of the community and inform future strategies. The 2014 report is now available (link below).
- Drupal 8 appears to be a given on the vast majority of respondents’ plans. About 80% say they plan to adopt Drupal 8. Another 8% have plans to evaluate the release.
- Top Drupal challenges for respondents include recruiting and keeping talent, as well as finding high quality documentation for modules
- ￼Organisation size varied widely with the largest portion of respondents being either freelancers or in organisations under 25 people
- The majority of respondents work for design/development shops
- About half the respondents identified themselves as Developers
- Less than half of the respondents say they are Drupal Association members
- The more advanced a person’s skill level is, the more likely they are to be a Drupal Association member
- The vast majority of respondents say they would go to every DrupalCon if their company paid for them to go
Over Christmas Daniel Berman (@proudboffin), Zend Technologies, let me know about Z-Ray Toolbar for Drupal, a useful companion tool for profiling Drupal page loads and performance. His team are seeking constructive feedback on how they can enhance the tool to help Drupal developers overcome common pain-points and identify where the solution is lacking presently.
Hear Brian Lewis interview Daniel Berman on Z-Ray on the Modsunraveled Podcast.